Expatriate Health Insurance Blog
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Filed Under: Blogging
Expatriate health insurance is very important for you if you are going to work in another country. While you are living abroad, a medical mishap could befall you and if you are not covered, you would not know where to turn for help. You could need important surgery to save your life or you could have been involved in a serious road accident. Do you have enough funds to cover such medical needs if they arise?
What should you know about expatriate health insurance?
1. If you are going on assignment in third world countries, then you will most likely have to pay more than someone who is going to, say, London. However, the payment is worth it.
2. This kind of health insurance is not limited. It does not matter where you are going to work because the insurance will cover any risk that may happen to you while you are there.
3. This insurance cover will not require you to stay within a given network of doctors. It always takes into account the fact that you will most likely be dealing with foreign doctors and medical providers.
4. If you are a US citizen, please make sure to buy your insurance coverage from the US so that even after your assignment is over, you can still make use of the policy. If you buy your coverage from a foreign insurance provider, it will be null when you get back home.
5. Expatriate insurance for health will include evacuation to the nearest and the best medical facilities. Expatriate health insurance covers more risks than the ordinary health insurance.